Here’s 5 sure-fire ways to get your Social Media campaign kick-started
For over six years now, I have been active on social media, promoting Interim Business Solutions and making valuable connections with other businesses. In fact, many of my referrals now come directly through my Twitter channels.
Many people don’t realise that you don’t have to be ‘everywhere’ on social media. My personal philosophy is that fewer accounts used well are far better than many accounts that aren’t used well. That old saying, ‘Jack of all trades, Master of none’ is true with social media. Find what works for you and stick to it.
1. Explore your options and find the platform that suits you
Every social media platform has a different type of audience. For example, LinkedIn are very business-like, Facebook is more social and Twitter can be a good mix of both. You need to do some research to determine where your target market is ‘hanging out’. Once you know that, you know exactly where you should be.
2. Your profile set up is extremely important
Once you’ve found your prime social media platform(s), you need to set them up to ensure they are 100% optimised. It’s essential to keep your branding consistent and where appropriate, use a professional headshot, complete your Bio/About Us sections and so on.
3. What’s your strategy?
The following five elements will assist you to determine a strategy:
- Voice – choose your voice and tone which best reflects your business and culture
- Frequency – stay relevant and be seen! If you post once a week you will make little impact
- Timing – choose the times you will be active, including marketing updates, engaging with others or sharing content of others
- Message – your message must be consistent with other marketing efforts
- Engagement – never forget social media needs to be social. Work on ‘less push and more pull’
4. Use all the available tools for greater effectiveness
You’ve probably seen the range of scheduling platforms in use: Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, Co-schedule and Sendible. These all allow you to schedule your posts in advance to free up your time to be social and engage with your audience. And to go one step further, Hootsuite and Buffer also have browser apps where you can share something you’ve seen but at a time you choose.
5. Engage expert help to engage your target audience
Consistency is the key! Even when you’ve done all of your research on where your audience is ‘hanging out’, it can be time consuming to remain consistent with your posting frequency. You need to involve your audience, stay relevant and keep your brand at the forefront of customers’ and prospective customers’ minds.
If you’re still not a fan of the time and effort involved with social media (and that’s ok to admit as you’re surprisingly not alone), our team can help you out.
We assist numerous clients leverage their content by writing tweets/posts from their blog posts/articles and take care of their social media scheduling. Our clients love how easy we make their social media tasks and how good we make them look! Contact us to join in the fun.