I was a bit stuck for a post this month. The creative juices just weren’t flowing freely. I suspect a holiday is needed and thank goodness, one is booked for the end of this month!
So, I have decided to elaborate on the ‘About Us‘ page and offer more about me as the founder/owner of Interim Business Solutions. Who I am, what I like to do outside of my business life and what I stand for as a business owner.
More About Me
- I’m 40 something, happily married with two children.
- I live in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
- My business is home-based.
- I love to garden but don’t seem to have the time for it like I used to. Yes, there are weeds!
- I don’t like my home-office. I have outgrown it and would like more natural light.
- I grew up with many pets including a Scotch Collie dog, chickens, duck, budgies and horses. I now have a cat only!
- I detest cooking and most domestic jobs.
- My nickname was Ollie during university days. Go figure!
- I had no aspirations to do office work when I was younger. I wanted to be a park ranger or mounted policewomen and became a teacher.
- I studied at Deakin University in Geelong.
- I’m definitely not a geek. Computer hardware scares me!
- After Uni, I lived overseas for 2.5 years and travelled Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
- I love everything about travelling to exotic destinations.
- Smoked salmon and sushi are my favourite foods.
- I haven’t eaten red meat in more than 30 years!
- I was very athletic as a child. I ran…everywhere, I rode horses, I played tennis, softball, badminton, cricket, I could kick a footy better than half the boys at school but was a useless swimmer!
- I don’t like noisy crowds.
- My attention to detail is typical of anyone working in Administration. I’m anal!
- I’m itching to return to Spain and Italy, and visit Myanmar before it’s the next big tourist destination.
- My favourite wine is a full-bodied, oaky Chardonnay and I love my wine!
- I’ve travelled to more than 35 countries and there WILL be more!
- I love Friday nights which always include a drop of wine!
- My favourite movies include Baraka, the Bourne trilogy, The last of the Mohicans, The Piano and Mongol.
- I have built my business by successfully using social media.
- I’m a country bumpkin at heart and definitely not a city slicker, and
- I love my family and friends!
I’m not in business to be the cheapest. I’m in business to offer my experience, skills and expertise to my client base. I will also ensure the team I build around me will have the same values and be highly skilled in their area. This will be provided, together with exceptional customer service, reliability and integrity.
I love the work I do and the people I get to work with!